Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 2

I have survived 48 hours adhering to Whole30 principles.

Grocery shopping was a chore. Reading those labels is fatiguing; especially since I discovered nearly everything has sugar or soy in it.  I narrowed in on Whole30 compliant canned tuna and salmon, found a compliant beef and chicken broth, stocked up on canned tomatoes and found a hot pepper pesto without cheese.

Adhering to Whole30 principles will require time and effort in making more food items from scratch such as tomato sauce, pesto, dressings and mayo.  I had just two mayonnaise fails before I successfully emulsified the egg, lemon juice and oil!

Day one went by uneventfully. I made a tomato based sauce, browned ground beef and cooked spaghetti squash.  However, I did have a conniption when I discovered my husband had eaten my sauce - the sauce I had slaved over - rather than the Barilla marinara sauce with the added ground beef.  Cut me some slack. I was planning ahead and was going to use the compliant sauce for another lunch and dinner this week.

I did seem a bit more tired in the afternoon and was in bed asleep by a bit after 10 pm. I'm a night owl and am generally up until 11:30 or later.  I was fast asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.  Perhaps now is the time to try to shift my sleep and get to bed earlier and wake up earlier. But, I doubt it.

Day two was OK. It was strange eating spaghetti squash, ground beef, spinach and a fried egg for breakfast.

On to Day three which will be a challenge as I'm hosting our neighborhood women's Bunco night.  I'll have nuts, fruit and veggies with homemade ranch, but it will be the passing up on the sangria that will be toughest.  I have a variety of flavored LaCroix ready to keep me satisfied.








No comments:

Post a Comment